Thu. May 21st, 2026
Rodri Key Amid Guardiola Exit Rumors – Thursday’s Football News

1 of 4

Real Madrid are reportedly confident in securing the signature of Rodri from Manchester City, capitalising on potential uncertainty surrounding Pep Guardiola’s future. In other news, Bayern Munich are said to be considering a surprise bid for John Stones, while Atletico Madrid are keen on Marc Cucurella.

Speculation is mounting that Pep Guardiola’s potential departure from Manchester City could pave the way for 29-year-old Spanish midfielder Rodri to join Real Madrid this summer. (Marca – in Spanish), external

Bayern Munich are reportedly exploring a surprising move for English defender John Stones, with the 31-year-old potentially leaving Manchester City at the season’s end. (Mail), external

Atletico Madrid are said to be considering potential acquisitions of Manchester City‘s 31-year-old Portuguese midfielder Bernardo Silva and Chelsea‘s 27-year-old Spanish defender Marc Cucurella. (Sky Sports), external

Inter Miami are reportedly nearing a deal to sign Manchester United‘s Brazilian midfielder Casemiro, with the 34-year-old expected to depart the club at the end of the season. (Athletic) , external

Liverpool‘s 33-year-old Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson is reportedly keen on a move to Juventus this summer, even if the Serie A side fails to secure Champions League qualification. (Gazzetta – in Italian), external

Barcelona have reportedly reached personal terms with 28-year-old English forward Marcus Rashford as they aim to make his loan deal permanent, although a transfer fee with Manchester United is yet to be agreed upon. (Sport – in Spanish), external

Liverpool have reportedly registered their formal interest in 20-year-old Hoffenheim winger Bazoumana Toure, but face competition from Manchester United, Aston Villa and Newcastle who also hold the Ivorian in high regard. (Teamtalk), external

Manchester United are reportedly monitoring Borussia Dortmund left-back Julian Ryerson, 28, with the Norwegian international potentially being considered as a replacement for Noussair Mazraoui. (Sky Sports Germany), external

Manchester United could potentially capitalise on Southampton’s recent Spygate controversy by making a move for 22-year-old Northern Irish midfielder Shea Charles. (Mirror), external

Liverpool might consider pursuing a deal for 21-year-old Norwegian winger Antonio Nusa should a transfer for his RB Leipzig teammate Yan Diomande prove too challenging. (Football Insider), external

Fenerbahce have reportedly emerged as a surprise contender in the race to sign 33-year-old Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah from Liverpool this summer. (Caught Offside), external

Chelsea are reportedly considering a move for Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Edmond Tapsoba, 27, with the Burkina Faso international having previously been coached by their incoming manager Xabi Alonso. (Teamtalk), external

Borussia Dortmund are reportedly unlikely to pursue a third spell with Manchester United‘s 26-year-old English winger Jadon Sancho, who is currently on loan at Aston Villa. (Bild – in German), external

Get the latest on your Premier League team

All your football quizzes in one place

Listen to the latest Football Daily podcast